I encourage concerned citizens and agencies to take advantage of these public meeting opportunities and provide constructive comments on the Great Lakes Basin Transportation, Inc. proposal.
These public scoping meetings are open to the public. Their purpose is to allow residents, local agencies, environmental groups and potentially affected parties to submit comments to the Surface Transportation Board (STB) to consider for the Environmental Impact Statement.
Public Scoping Meetings:
- April 18, 2016; 5:30-8:00 PM; Craig High School Cafeteria, 401 South Randall Street, Janesville, Wisconsin
- April 19, 2016; 10:00 AM-12:30 PM; Community Building Complex of Boone County, 111 W. 1st Street, Belvidere, Illinois;
- April 19, 2016; 5:30-8:00 PM; Cherry Valley Fire Station #2 Hall, 4919 Blackhawk Road, Rockford, Illinois;
- April 20, 2016; 5:30-8:00 PM; Rochelle Township High School Auditorium, 1401 Flagg Road, Rochelle, Illinois; and
- April 21, 2016; 5:30-8:00 PM; Seneca High School Auditorium, 307 East Scott Street, Seneca, Illinois.
Also, if you would like to submit comments online visit the link below and enter Docket#: FD 35952. Comments are due by June 16, 2016.
Mail comments to:
Surface Transportation Board
395 E Street SW
Washington, DC 20423-0001
Docket No. FD 35952